This Wednesday evening, Chelsea play their penultimate Premier League fixture of the 2017 / 2018 season and their last home fixture of this campaign.
The opposition are Huddersfield Town and whilst Chelsea are desperate to take the three points on offer, to keep the pressure up on Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool for the Champions League qualifying places, Huddersfield Town are desperate for points to ensure their tenure, in the Premier League, doesn’t last just the one season.
Huddersfield arrive at Stamford Bridge on the back of a very creditable draw against Manchester City, at the Etihad Stadium, on Sunday, whilst confidence in the Chelsea camp is high after four Premier League wins on the bounce.
Ahead of the game, we are now able to bring you the names of those officials appointed to take charge:
• Referee – Lee Mason
• Assistant Referee – Ian Hussin
• Assistant Referee – Matthew Wilkes
• Fourth Official – Mike Dean
This season, Lee Mason has taken charge of 24 fixtures and has issued 66 yellow cards and 4 red cards.
This season he has taken charge of the following fixtures involving Chelsea:
• 9 September – Premier League – Leicester City 1 Chelsea 2 – yellow cards issued 1, red cards issued 0
• 20 December – EFL Cup – Chelsea 2 Bournemouth 1 – yellow cards issued 8, red cards issued 0
• 12 February – Premier League – Chelsea 3 West Bromwich Albion 0 – yellow cards issued 2, red cards issued 0
Three games, three wins, let’s hope that record continues on Wednesday night.