It`s an over emphasized topic and I guess it should be more emphasized. What about our youth!
Every player believes they can make the grade, the only thing that allows them to actually make it is the coach’s or managers trust (Did anyone say a certain Sturridge here). We have recently lost a lot of talent and it`s just getting sadder day by day that prodigies are not developing to their max potential.
We need to start contributing now to their development and its not that I say that AVB should just tell them to go and start games, no that`s not what I’m saying. But instead of spending millions on players who have supposedly tapped their ‘potential’…why not wrap our own!
You have given your views on this a load of times but think it my way once and please review and reply with your thoughts on the matter.
1. Daniel Sturridge: No loaning, give this kid some game-time starts in the blue shirt! It`s time to let him make the grade and if still not eligible then Owen Coyle is forever interested. Sell him next season (although it`sdoubtful though that he’ll disappoint).
2. Gael Kakuta: If needed to be loaned then to Bolton Wanders or Sunderland only but only until January with the African Cup of Nations scheduled to take place. Make use of him when the African stars leave, he definitely needs a coach’s blessing to play fearlessly but he is a player to solve the attacking mid and the out wide problem.
3. Joshua McEachran: If Bolton snap him up then great. Loan him for the season with a clause to call back in January. Another place would be to either Birmingham or West Ham, both are in search of midfielders and his talent will give him first team names in those with many players leaving the relegated monsters. He is definitely top quality and would be a waste to just make him play second fiddle to Lampard. He may never get enough game time, for such players older legends are just mentors. Game time can turn you into a certain Wilshere.
4. Patrick Van Aanholt: Loan him to any Premiership team who want a left back and put the clause as in Wilshere’s time at Bolton (unless injured should be in the first team and minimum 10 minutes game time) This clause isn`t just a rumour, it may be worded incorrectly but it is absolutely what Arsenal got during young Jack’s loan at Bolton). He can be a half season loan till January which can be made into full)
5. Ryan Bertrand: More of a complete defender than Van Aanholt, showed his ability and quality in the England U-21’s European Championships although the team played dismal but everyone praised his performance. Make him Ash’s back up (Zhirkov is doubtful to stay and if he does Slo-Mo won’t so, so I guess this area is sorted). Give him as much game-time as possible and give Ash rest whenever possible. His crossing is god’s blessing on him as for his overlapping, please tell Ash to tutor him this! We know how Andre Villas-Boas likes marauding wingbacks who keep on going up and down. For that reason if Bertrand is chosen for what I mentioned for PVA and if PVA is replaced likewise, I wouldn’t mind but similarly for PVA, Ash should teach him the tricks of defensive covering, again for him his overlapping is god’s blessing on him!
My next article shall discuss the solution to the-‘oh we are jus not makin the grade’ players!
Please feel free to discuss and even tear apart this article with your views on this ever important topic. I know and there is no need to mention that this is a stale topic, but I guess its further more useful to discuss on what to do with what we have rather than getting something for millions and again wondering next summer what to do with them!
Your views fellas!
Vital Chelsea on:
Join Vital Chelsea
It’s easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!