Chelsea, away to Southampton, rescued a victory from the jaws of defeat, producing a 3-goal burst, inside eight minutes, to overturn a 2-0 deficit.
But what do the record and form books tell us about the result?
Here’s a selection of facts you may, or may not, find interesting;
• The last time Chelsea came from 2-0 down to win a Premier League game was back in August 2002 when, under the managerial acumen of Claudio Ranieri, Chelsea came from 2-0 down at Charlton Athletic to win 3-2.
• The dramatic win, yesterday, ensured that Chelsea have won 5 games in a row, against Southampton, for the first time in their history.
• The two-goals Olivier Giroud netted, raised his total of goals scored from the substitutes bench to 19, only Jermaine Defoe, who has scored 24, can better that figure.
• This season, Olivier Giroud, in appearing for Arsenal and Chelsea, has scored 6 goals coming off the bench, a Premier League high.
• In scoring the equaliser, Eden Hazard made it 69 Premier League goals for Chelsea, it is a figure that is only bettered by Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, who have 147 and 104 goals respectively.
• Chelsea’s comeback meant that Southampton have lost consecutive Premier League games after scoring two or more goals for the first time ever.
Next stop for Chelsea is a difficult looking away fixture, against Burnley, on Thursday evening,